Sunday, October 16, 2016

Christmas breakfast, Nutcracker and Popcorn

Our Ward’s Christmas party was a breakfast this year on December 19th so I had no choice but to give the kids their new Christmas jammies that morning.  They were so excited!  I had to warn them they were pj’s so they didn’t get upset thinking it was toys. 

2015-12-19 00.36.002015-12-19 08.53.112015-12-19 08.53.122015-12-19 08.58.56

All the boys in their pjs at the party!

2015-12-19 10.09.21

After the breakfast I ended to the Nutcracker to see Madi as a party gril!  This is the same Nutcracker that I was a judge for back in September.  It was so fun to watch Madi and see what parts some of the recognizasble faces made.  This was Hannah’s first Nutcracker and I hope she loves it as much as I do as she grows up!  Hannah mostly slept through the show and Mike even came to get her and hold her because he wanted to.

2015-12-19 12.04.362015-12-19 12.05.492015-12-19 12.59.21

For Family Home Evening on the 20th we made popcorn.  Lots and lots of popcorn for our neighbors.  We got white chocolate and drizzeled it all over it.  My ballet director at BYU use to make white chocolate popcorn after final exams and bring it for us.  I LOVED it and I wanted to take it easier on myself this season with having such a tiny baby and not make dozens and dozens of cookies.  But I tested the popcorn while we were bagging it up and it wasn’t good.  We probably needed 3x the amount of white chocolate for the popcorn.  It also had a hint of olive oil to it which didn’t mix well with the sweetness of the white chocolate.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  The kids had a blast making it and then helping deliver the bags to the neighbors. 

2015-12-20 18.03.452015-12-20 18.03.512015-12-20 20.16.482015-12-20 20.20.062015-12-20 20.20.14

And here is Grandpa feeding Hannah a bottle because she needed to start getting more use to it and my dad rocks at giving bottles.

2015-12-20 19.32.28

0 comments: