So with Andrew being close to 3 and telling me when he was going to the bathroom I figured it was perfect timing to potty train. It took Tyson 3 days to get it all together so I knew it would be 3 rough days and then it would be over. Well, here’s how it all went down and why we had to call it quits…
Day 1: 75% success with pee, all 5 poops were accidents with one in the tub
That was a frustrating day but I felt like he did really well for day 1!
Just celebrating Day 1 with peeing all over the carpet…
Day 2: First pee of the day was a huge success. Then the next pee and poop were accidents. And that patterned continued the rest of the day. Casualties: a bunch of books, including Tyson’s scriptures. While I was teaching dance he only had 1 success and more accidents.
I didn’t even report on Day 3. I bet it was just as bad if not worse than day 2. I was a stressed out, basket case, emotional wreck. Brian convinced me, and I’m glad he did, to throw in the towel and call it quits. He wasn’t improving by day 3 and that means he just wasn’t ready. It was hard to give up. I was bound and determined but it wasn’t going to work if he wasn’t ready. He kept saying, “I wanna go potty.” But it never worked. Oh well, we’ll trying again when he is three. I really wanted to avoid our brand new carpet in our brand new house getting peed on but there isn’t much I can do about it at this point.

0 comments:
Post a Comment