Saturday, July 7, 2012

Our 4th of July…

…consisted of a Carl’s Jr. breakfast, vomit, and lots more vomit, homework, and that’s basically it.  It was a total bust. 

  IMG_9557

IMG_9561

At least this little guy was completely better and got to dress up festive. 

IMG_9555_edited-1

The week leading up to the 4th was hard.  I ended up getting the sickness from Andy on Monday and Tuesday and then I passed it to Tyson on Wednesday through Saturday and now we think Brian might have it.  Nasty, nasty bug.  I would like to remember that on Wednesday night I was shy of 4 hours of sleep. Heavenly Father really helped me Thursday.  I was awake, alert and even tried to take a nap while the kids took naps but I just couldn’t fall asleep.  So I worked on chores instead.  I had the most patience I think I have ever had in my life.  It was a tender mercy from the Lord that day and I thanked him in my prayers for that.

That night we did watch some fireworks on TV.

6 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

I'm sorry! That sounds awful!

Laura said...

Yuck! That sounds terrible. Did you use your oils, lady? They seriously work wonders.

Terry and Kelci said...

Oh no! That is no fun at all. Glad you guys are doing better, sickness is the worst!!! Always makes me really thankful and appreciative when we are all healthy at the same time :) Well, there's always next year to celebrate :)

Matt and Suzanne said...

So so sad! I remember doing fireworks on tv once because I was sick, no fun.

Brooke said...

Lame Ashley! I hope you guys are done being sick. Sickness is for winter, not summer. :/

Heather said...

yuck, so sorry!