We had briefly talked about using his week off of work (June 25-June29) to go to Moab for a few days. In the end Brian said he just wanted to stay home. I agreed but I told him we can’t waste the days and do nothing. It was decided that we were going to do something fun every single day. By the end of the week all we wanted to do was sit around and do nothing! Ha! I am so happy we did all of these fun things. Brian doesn’t get to see the boys a ton and it just made the whole week extremely special.
MONDAY
We were invited by some friends to go see the new Disney movie, Brave. I was able to take Tyson and he loved it so much. He is super fun to sit next to during a movie. He laughs so loud and then continues on to tell me what he was laughing about. “Mom, did you see that bear do that?!” I think it is one of my favorite things to do with him. He is also so appreciative when we take him to a movie theater. And this time didn’t even buy him popcorn or candy. While we were at the movie Brian vacuumed the living room. Ceiling, floor, couches, etc. It was awesome.
TUESDAY
We woke up and instantly got ready to go to Thanksgiving Point’s Farm Country. I had never been but Brian took Tyson back in 2010. Groupon had a special deal on a Thanksgiving Point membership and I bought it. I calculated everything out and if our family did everything just once it almost pays for the pass. I expect to get a ton of use out of the dinosaur museum this winter.
Andrew and I on the wagon ride
Tyson loved this activity room. You pick the fruit off of the trees and then place them on the conveyer belt. He would race down to the end of the truck and do it all over again. And I just love the way he says ‘conbeyer belt’
Tyson took this picture of me in jail
Pony ride! Tyson got to ride this twice. They gave me a ticket for Andrew when clearly he wasn’t going to ride. Ty picked a smaller pony the first time and then the second go around he picked the biggest one!
Tyson being sad about having to leave in his typical Tyson fashion. “I didn’t have fun. I don’t want to leave.” Right, Tyson. right.
WEDNESDAY
Mini-golf at Trafalga! This has always been a favorite activity of Tyson’s. I think we may have a future golfer on our hands. He’s pretty good for a 4 year old!
I didn’t feel like playing so I pushed Andy around in the stroller, took pictures and laughed at how excited Tyson was about everything.
Brian was planning on doing the batting cages and then taking Tyson on the Go Karts. Apparently now they charge money to use the equipment for batting and we had no cash and they just got new Go Karts so you have to wear closed toe shoes. We weren’t prepared for that either. Brian was able to go but Ty had a hard time just watching. We promised we would take him back and wear the right shoes. Brian went golfing with a friend that evening and the kids were being cranky so we went to Target and walked around. I got Ty new swim floaties since the cheap ones did NOTHING. When we left for Target, Ty insisted on wearing his tennis shoes. I wonder if he thought we were going to go back to the Go Karts.
THURSDAY
Thursday was a day I had slightly been dreading. Water parks take a lot of work and I was worried about it. I get like that sometimes. It turned out to be one of the best days! The kids loved it! We have a pass that gets us in for free so we went right when it opened at 9:30am, didn’t have to pay parking, and found a descent spot to lay our stuff down. A few slides were closed till 11 but we did everything else we could do with a 4 and 1 year old and then waited in line to be first for the bigger slide. We left at noon and ate lunch at home. I love having a pass because we were there for 2 1/2 hours and then left. I asked Tyson what his favorite thing there was and he said everything and then listed everything that we did.
Exhausted! He swallowed a lot of pool water.
We finished off the day by going out to eat at Costa Vida and then getting ice cream cones at Maceys.
FRIDAY
This day certainly didn’t go as planned because I went to go get Andy in the morning and there was puke everywhere. I was hoping it was just because of all the pool water he swallowed the day before. However, he threw up twice more. In the back of mind I started to worry it was the 10 day virus from hell. I tried to relax and just take it hour by hour.
Andy and I hung out and watched the US Olympic trials for swimming and gymnastics while Brian went ahead and took Tyson to our planned activity of going to the Orem Owlz baseball game. Tyson got a free Owlz baseball that he has been sleeping with at night. Brian said he hardly watched any of the game but Ty told me how much fun he had with his dad. Brian said he kept rolling the baseball around and playing. He saw the mascot and ran up to him and gave him a big hug. Twice!
SATURDAY
Brian went shooting in the morning with some friends (Scott McCage and Marshall Robinson) and then I went to breakfast with some neighbors to celebrate Ashly Peterson having her 5th kid! It was fun to get out of the house for an hour or two. The rest of the day was spent pampering Andrew and trying to help him get better.
SUNDAY
Andrew seemed to be better but we felt it was best to keep him home from church just in case. Brian stayed home with him while I took Ty.
Sunday was also Brian’s 33rd birthday! We didn’t do much because of it being a Sunday and because of Andrew. Brian got a new watch! He looks great in it. We went to the neighborhood BBQ outside, then had cake and ice cream and then Brian and I watched the final day of the women’s gymnastics US Olympic team trials. What a good man he is. He spent his birthday evening watching what I wanted to watch!
Andrew seems to be feeling better now and I am happy to report it was just a 2 day thing. Thank goodness! I believe I caught whatever he had though.
Tyson woke up this morning and asked me what fun thing we were going to do today. I was afraid of this because of all the fun we had everyday last week. I’ll have to be better about doing fun things more often when it is just me and the kids. We didn’t just play all week though. We did things that have been on our to do list for months. It was such a great week.
Happy Birthday to the best husband and father and thanks for having a whole week off of work!

2 comments:
What a fun week!!! You're so great to take the kids to lots of stuff:) Happy Birthday Brian!!
Oh my word, what a fun week! I would love to have my husband take a week off and just play around here. Also, sometime when it's not a million degrees outside, let's plan a play date at Farm Country!
Post a Comment