Monday, February 23, 2009

A little bit of everything...

Hey everyone!  Not much is going on.  Tyson is tearing up the house everyday but it keeps him happy so that is fine with me and Brian.  It only takes like 10 minutes to pick back up at night.  Can you imagine what Tyson thinks first thing in the morning? Oh YAY!  They cleaned it all up so now I can make messes again! He is a cutie.

I am keeping busy with trying to choreograph five dances for the Spring Concerts everywhere.  It is fun but takes a lot of time because I am such a perfectionist.  Brian is busy too.  Most of you know what is going on with him and our family right now.  He has been trying to look for a new job the last 2 1/2 months.  This economy is a killer.  He has applied to over 90 positions but nothing seems to stick.  If you know of anywhere let us know.  We are trying to keep up the faith that things will fall into place sometime.  We are very blessed that he still has a current full time job and that is a huge blessing.  We have lots to be thankful for!

Here is a peek of what the kitchen tends to look like around noon.  I have a drawer full of dish towels that Ty loves to pull out.  I use to have glass pans in that drawer but decided I should switch it to harmless items he could play with. 

IMG_7686

On Saturday my friend Heather had her baby shower.  I made a diaper cake as a decoration and a present.  It surprisingly didn't take me that long and it was really fun to make.  I wish I could have put everything I recommend on it but you have to draw the budget line somewhere!  Here is a picture of the diaper masterpiece :)  Included were some burp cloths, wash clothes, nail clipper, thermometer, nasal aspirator, comb, brush, baby wash, and Avent bottles. 

         IMG_7697_edited-1

IMG_7698_edited-1 

I think this picture of Heather is so cute.  You can tell she is just so happy and genuine, ya know?

              IMG_7709_edited-1

And of course, I have to throw in another picture of Tyson.  He was at the shower with me.  He really liked the other little boys there and the big blue cups!

IMG_7713

3 comments:

Heather said...

haha, tyson is so cute in that kitchen picture! Thank you for the great baby shower, you were awesome as always. The cake you made is going to come in handy really soon. Sooner than later I hope :) Thanks so much!!!

Tina said...

We used to buy plastic cups every once in a while, but they just ended up being toys. I don't think anyone wants to drink out of cups that have been EVERYWHERE.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

little boys get into everything. Those pics are cute. Just never expect to have a clean house for more then 10 mins at a time ever again. Well, maybe at night, when kids are sleeping.