Friday, January 9, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I realize Christmas was about two weeks ago but this is the first time I have had to load up our pictures and type an entry.  We spent a few days with Brian's family where Tyson was getting over his nasty sickness and then Brian got sick and then me.  I have been getting back into the groove of preparing dance classes again and trying to clean our house.  When everyone is sick housework definitely gets put on hold.  Anyway, I think we are all better expect Brian is struggling with some eye issues. 

Like I mentioned before we spent Christmas with Brian's family.  On Christmas Eve there is a tradition where the youngest family member there gets to put Jesus in his manager for a Nativity scene.  Tyson got to do it this year.  He wanted to eat Jesus but Aunt Wendy helped him with it.  Here are two pictures of Tyson being a part of a Carlsen tradition.

IMG_7440

IMG_7441

Another tradition is that each family member gets to open one present on Christmas Eve.  I really like this tradition because growing up my family did this too!  It makes me feel a bit at home when we do this.  : )  Tyson didn't go to bed until real late Christmas Eve so he slept in on Christmas morning.  He also pooped through his diaper onto his Christmas pajamas.  So I had him stay in those pajamas for a picture or two and then we had to change him.  Here are some highlights from the morning.

IMG_7470

Grandpa Carlsen and Tyson with his stocking.

IMG_7472

IMG_7519

IMG_7530

IMG_7487

Tyson laid around alot and played with his toys.  He wasn't feeling that great.

IMG_7493

IMG_7525

IMG_7534

Our Christmas was great!  We got lots of new fun "toys".  However, I did return the Guitar Hero to get Rock Band 2 instead.  It's more fun!

The day after Christmas it snowed ALOT!  So, we went out and made a snowman.  It was my first snowman ever.  Brian did most of it because the snow wouldn't stick together but it was still really fun and COLD!  Here are some pictures of our masterpiece!

IMG_7540_edited-3

Mine and Tyson's first snowman!  Tyson stayed inside the whole time with Grandma and Grandpa to stay out of the cold.

IMG_7547_edited-1

Tyson doesn't like snow at all just like his Grandpa Murray : )

IMG_7557 

Happy New Year as well everyone!  On New Years Eve we went to my brother's house to party.  Since it was my birthday my sister-in-law made me a yummy cake.  We didn't get any pictures from that event but I am now 24!  Time sure does fly!  Lots of love!

8 comments:

KMurray said...

Great pictures! I am glad you finally got to make a snowman. We have always lived in warm places since your birth.
Love MOM

Unknown said...

That even looks like the face Dad makes when he sees snow! Haha =)

katy said...

I love the one of you sitting on the floor with him, opening a present. He looks like he's really concentrating on the idea. "Okay, Mommy -- I think I get it!"

Murray Family said...

Way cute snowman!! I love Ty's face when he's in the snow. Haha!!

We'll see you tomorrow! I'm excited to babysit...he's the most behaved baby I've ever seen!

Oh and that is sweet of Tami to say that about Maddie. To answer your question from last week, I got her ballet skirt from Target :)

Heather said...

I know, we need to hang out soon! Your pictures of Tyson at Christmas are adorable. I am sorry to hear you guys have all been sick still, I hope you are all feeling better! We need to hang out, maybe this next week:)

Stephanie said...

I love Tyson's hat! He looks like he enjoyed his presents, wrapping and all.

Sunny said...

that picture is classic of Tyson in the snow. Glad you had good holidays.

Tran said...

Great snowman.. I have never made one either so I hope I can make one before too long. Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas and New Year. BTW Happy Belated bday if I didn't already write it on your fb.