Thursday, November 19, 2015

December phone pics

We were so excited to hang Christmas lights on our new house.  Brian did an awesome job!!! However, the very top roof is super high and I was scared the entire time Brian was up there.  I had to climb onto the roof above the patio and then hold a ladder on a slanted roof so Brian could get to the next level.  I was scared for everyone.  And yet, the kids didn’t know a thing.  They sat happily in their chairs on the lawn, in pjs watching the whole thing go down.  Brian and I were laughing a bunch about that. 

2014-11-28 14.11.592014-11-28 15.05.51

It’s high up just on top of the patio!

2014-11-29 15.23.432014-11-29 15.31.522014-11-29 15.32.16

While on the roof I was talking to Tyson through the window.  He was helping me put the clothes in the dryer…their Christmas clothes for Santa pictures!  I had forgotten to wash them and then ended up stuck on the roof waiting for Brian to finish.  Then it was a mad dash to Thanksgiving point.  We made it and the pictures turned out adorable.  Afterwards the boys looked at the reindeer. 

2014-11-29 17.02.302014-11-29 17.02.46

The finished house!  It was the best on the block, no doubt.

2014-11-29 17.34.06

Pink eye ran ramped in the Carlsen home.  Everyone got it but Brian I think.  Someone, don’t even remember who ended up with it TWICE!!! Jeffrey was so hard to put drops in.  He fought so hard, kicking and screaming.  Tyson was always really upset and on the verge of tears and Andrew…well, I don’t remember it with him.  So either he was easy to put drops in or he didn’t get pink eye like Brian.

2014-12-11 08.05.022014-12-11 08.05.11

Mom and I at the So You Think You Can Dance concert.  It was so much fun going to dinner beforehand and then watching the show!

2014-12-19 19.58.452014-12-19 20.01.51

And I just remembered about Time Out for Women!  Before Thanksgiving I went to it with my mom and Emily.  My mother had just lost Ron in October so it was extra special for her to be inspired and uplifted.  It was wonderful.  I also got to meet and have Noelle Pikus Pace sign my book and HOLD HER MEDAL!  She actually lives in my stake here!  So I’ve seen here a few times at Young Women activities at the church, etc.  We also heard from Sheri Dew and heard Mercy River sing.  Those were some of my favorites of the weekend.

2015-11-19 16.04.352015-11-19 16.20.112015-11-19 16.20.30

0 comments: