Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ty’s Transformers Party

I was able to throw Tyson a Transformers/Rescue Bots birthday party for him and his friends.  He got to pick 10 friends.  I always wish we could invite everyone but we had to cut it off somewhere.  My friend Nikki made the invitation and Ty and I walked around and delivered them.  The thought occurred to me while delivering them that I can’t believe he is turning 5.  He would run up to the door, knock and hand over the invite.  Such a big boy!  He loved the invitation so much that I thought he was going to pee his pants with excitement.  Check it out.

IMG_0345

The party had Transformer cupcakes and Autobot Fuel of course ;)

 IMG_0474 IMG_0457

When the kids arrived they first got to build their own Transformer’s out of construction paper, glue and crayons.  They really got into it and went right to work!

IMG_0446_edited-1

 IMG_0468 IMG_0475_edited-1  IMG_0479

I love their pictures!

IMG_0530_edited-1 IMG_0529_edited-1

We played a Transformer’s Matching Game first and they really loved it!

Watching intently so they knew where the pictures were.

IMG_0482_edited-1

I’m asking the kids if the two pictures were a match

IMG_0484

IMG_0485 IMG_0487_edited-1  

IMG_0492_edited-1

Then they sat down on the rug and I told them about how Optimus Prime needed their help finding the Allspark before Megatron and the Decepticons.  I asked them if they were willing to help and if they won Optimus Prime had a surprise for them.  The shouted out that they were ready to help!

The first clue was about finding energy crystals on stair mountain.  The second was about rescuing the Autobots from the movie theater room.  The third was about how they had become infected with Atomic Metal Eating Rust and they had to eat a cure.  The next was finding Megatron and putting him in space jail.  Fifth was finding the energy spheres to help them complete the mission and lastly was finding the Allspark!

They were so excited between each clue and as it progressed they fell more and more into the story.  It was adorable to watch.

Look at their faces in these pictures while listening to the clues…

 IMG_0495 IMG_0500

Energy Spheres

IMG_0464IMG_0505_edited-1

The Allspark!

IMG_0442_edited-1 IMG_0506_edited-1 IMG_0508

One kid shouted out while I was opening the box, “I WONDER WHAT’S INSIDE?!?!?!”  I couldn’t stop laughing

IMG_0434

IMG_0510 IMG_0511

Next was Transformer Balloon Battle!  It got crazy wild and LOUD.  A few kids didn’t want to play, I didn’t even think about some kids being scared by popped balloons.  But after about 8 minutes only 2 balloons had popped so we put balloons back on those kids, had them all run around again and then pop their own balloons.  So the game didn’t end up how I thought it would be but it still was great.  Energy out and smiles on their faces!

  IMG_0514_edited-1 IMG_0517IMG_0518_edited-1IMG_0515

Next were cupcakes and presents!

 IMG_0519 IMG_0521 IMG_0523 IMG_0525_edited-1 IMG_0527_edited-1 IMG_0531 IMG_0539 IMG_0542_edited-1

After all of that they got to play the Matching Game one more time, since they had asked earlier, while waiting to be picked up.  It was perfect.  What fun party.  Happy Birthday Tyson!!!

IMG_0466_edited-1

3 comments:

Murray Family said...

CUTE! The pictures turned out great!

:: ashley :: said...

corgan had SO much fun! thank you for inviting him & happy birthday ty!

emily+brett said...

SOOO cute!! i'm definitely slacking as a mom!! you did awesome!!