Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful Easter season this year.  3 egg hunts, egg dying, a preschool party, a visit from the bunny and a 4 year old level talk with Tyson about what Easter is really about is how it all went down.

Our ward put on an Easter egg hunt and it was in the clubhouse due to inclement weather.  Outside pictures always come out best so these pictures are pretty blurry from the pure chaos of being inside.  Andrew held still long enough to get a few pictures.  He was holding still because he’d grab an egg, rip it open, throw the candy in his bucket and then toss the plastic egg to the ground.  I was following him around just picking up the deserted eggs and putting them in his bucket.  Tyson was done in all of 10 seconds so the only picture I got is him holding his bucket :)

 DSCN2954 DSCN2955 DSCN2960

The Friday before Easter was Good Friday, and the market was closed so Brian had it off.  I got to help out in Tyson’s preschool class.  I had a great time.  I got to hide the eggs, help the kids count how many eggs they had to be fair to everyone, and then I helped at the egg dying station.  The kids were cute and it was fun to see what Tyson does 3x a week.

 DSCN2963 DSCN2967 DSCN2968

Ty looking cute painting his bunny

DSCN2969

On Saturday some neighbors threw together an impromptu Easter egg hunt, although it was more like a ‘candy in the grass’ hunt.  It was fun to let the kids have another go at it and this time outside.

 IMG_0362 IMG_0368 IMG_0370 IMG_0372IMG_0378

  IMG_0348 IMG_0382 IMG_0381

Ty’s favorite egg that he dyed.  He calls it his ‘crane’ egg.

IMG_0385 IMG_0393

Easter morning

IMG_0406_edited-1

Tyson was beyond excited that the Easter Bunny brought him and Andrew Wreck it Ralph and matching Thomas the Train bubble blowers.  Andrew ran right to MY basket, grabbed an egg, popped it open and shoved candy in his mouth.  We were laughing pretty hard.

 IMG_0408 IMG_0410IMG_0411

My boys all dressed up in their Easter best.

IMG_0415_edited-1

And just for good measure here is how the photo went when I tried to have a turn with the boys.  Apparently Ty was the only one ready :)  This picture just makes me laugh.  I swear, its the story of my life.

IMG_0419

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Those egg hunts look like so much fun!!!