Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine’s Day

I knew that Brian was going to be gone on Valentines Day until 10pm so starting Feb 1, he got a little gift each day for 14 days.  It was just a candy or a snack with a little saying to go with it.  I think he enjoyed getting a little something everyday.  These are just a few of the gifts he received.

IMG_0029

I wanted to make the day special for the kids in a way to try to separate it from every other day because there are a too many regular days around here :)  I printed off two puzzles for the kids.  I then hid the pieces around the front room and kitchen.  Once they got the pieces and put the puzzles together they received a Valentine’s gift basket.  It was really cute. 

Tyson:

IMG_0175IMG_0168 

Andrew:

IMG_0176IMG_0167

The hunt!

 IMG_0188IMG_0190IMG_0196 IMG_0197 IMG_0193IMG_0191IMG_0194IMG_0201 

They were so excited to get the baskets!  Tyson shoved the small Snickers in his mouth and ran off with the Legos.  I don’t think I saw him for at least an hour.  Andrew immediately went for the Snickers and said, “choc” and tore open the Mickey Mouse crayons.  Me and him went to town coloring in his new book.

IMG_0202       IMG_0207

Around lunch time a package came to the door:

   IMG_0215

The most beautiful flowers I’ve ever seen.  And the best part, they’ve only gotten prettier since with all the blooming!  I was pretty emotional that day.  Two days before Tyson woke up with pink eye and the next day Andrew.  I couldn’t teach dance, I washed loads of clothes, towels and sheets repeatedly (I get a little carried away but I was determined to get the virus outta here a.s.a.p.)  I was pretty stressed out.  So the flowers were a welcomed surprise and I cried seeing them.  I really did.

IMG_0246

After teaching dance and getting the kids bathed we decorated the door for daddy’s last gift.

 IMG_0225

Andrew wouldn’t have it standing by the door so the best picture I could get of him that night :)

IMG_0226

I love Andrew’s scribbled coloring on the top white heart and then Tyson telling me why he loves his dad.  This year I had him sign his name.  Pretty adorable.

IMG_0228

The big red heart below said, “ I love daddy because he takes me to fun places like Kangaroo Zoo.”

IMG_0229 IMG_0232

Because Tyson was sick he couldn’t go to school to his Valentine’s party.  I think I was more heart broken about it then he was.  So on Friday he got to pick up his Valentine’s bag :)

IMG_0240

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the puzzle idea - so cute!