Sunday, February 10, 2013

Andrew’s 2nd Mickey Mouse Birthday Party!

Andrew is two.  And the cutest 2 year old ever.  I decided on throwing him a Mickey Mouse party just two weeks before his birthday.  I didn’t want to do anything big.  I really didn’t.  But once I heard Andrew yell out “Icky” when Mickey Mouse showed up on the TV I had to do it.  I hit up Pinterest and well, away I went.  I realized it wouldn’t be that hard.  I had so much fun planning this party.  Sometimes I get a little stressed and wonder why I take on so much but I really never got like that with this party.  I made basically everything and hit up the dollar store for practically everything else.  My friend, Chelsie, has a Cricut machine and she helped me save hours and hours of cutting out endless circle Mickey heads.  It was awesome. 

  The four of us!IMG_0158_edited-1IMG_0051IMG_0052

  IMG_0046IMG_0059 IMG_0055IMG_0063 IMG_0057 IMG_0048_edited-1IMG_0064_edited-1  IMG_0074_edited-1 

We first played “Pin the Button on Mickey Mouse.”  I let Andrew go first and without a blindfold.  He walked right up and put it in the perfect spot.  It was super cute.  All of the older kids got blindfolded and the oldest kids got spun around a few times. 

IMG_0081 IMG_0082_edited-1 IMG_0085 

The kids did really well and all of them made it to the poster board. 

IMG_0088

Next came the “Find the Mickey” game.  Once I said find the Mickey Mouse heads upstairs and bring it to me for a surprise they were off!  All of the kids were so excited to find them and get a prize.  It was so fun!  Here is Dallin with his prize.  He was excited, really excited.

IMG_0093

Next came the piñata, the piñata that I made out of cardboard and crepe paper.  Andrew went first and it was adorable.  He gave quite a fight with the bat after his turn but once we pried it out of his hands every kid got a turn.  I guess I made it too strong.  I didn’t get many pictures because it was super difficult with the bat and piñata moving around.  Brian had to take a turn and he wacked it hard.  He then had to step on it and tear it open.  The kids went wild.  Andrew was just happy he got to hold the bat again…

IMG_0097 IMG_0101_edited-2 IMG_0111

IMG_0114 IMG_0116IMG_0115 

Next we sang Happy Birthday and Andrew attempted to blow out his candle.  :)  The video of him eating his cupcake is super duper cute.

IMG_0118 IMG_0120 IMG_0124 IMG_0127 IMG_0128

Tyson’s Mickey Mouse cupcake mustache.  It made me laugh.

IMG_0136

I need to remember to get pictures of all of the guests.  Here’s all that I got.

IMG_0130_edited-1 IMG_0077IMG_0131 IMG_0132 IMG_0133 

IMG_0134 

Next came presents which is always a complete over stimulation for a 2 year old.  He loves all the presents today though.  He has been playing non-stop.

IMG_0139_edited-1 IMG_0144  IMG_0154

Once I got a few pictures from the presents I stopped telling the kids to scoot back and they instantly moved into a giant huddle around Andrew.  I love these two pictures for many reasons but perhaps one of the reasons is that the kids are still wearing their Mickey hats.  I didn’t know if they would last 5 minutes and this is towards the end of the party.  It made me happy and I think the kids all looked so cute.

IMG_0148 IMG_0147

The goodie bags!

IMG_0068_edited-1

Thanks to all of the friends and family that know Andrew on a special level that took the time to come.  It meant the world to us and we are so happy we got to celebrate together with all of you.  It was really fun for me to watch the children get so excited about it all.  I know that’s why I always end up throwing these parties.  It’s for the memories and the joy.

Happy Birthday Andrew!

2 comments:

KMurray said...

great job Ashley! love the pictures and the memories you are making!
Love MOM

Ashley said...

You did such an amazing job! I love it!!!