Andrew came by a scheduled c-section. I was only slightly scared this time. Everything went super smoothly. One of the main things that I remember is that I could tell they had already started the surgery (not painful of course, just a lot of tugging. It’s hard to explain unless you’ve had one) and Brian wasn’t in the room yet. I yelled out “Hey, where’s my husband?!” And I hear “oh yeah, let’s get him in here”. Crazy! Anyway, we were suppose to have the c-section at noon but the day before they called me and said they needed me at the hospital at 5:15 am! So Andrew arrived at 7:42 a.m., 20 inches long and 7 lbs and 12 oz. I thought for sure he’d be smaller because 4 days before the ultrasound tech said he was about 6 lbs and 6 oz. Haha! That first day was very difficult because I was in a lot of pain and the medicines just weren’t working. I was on so much medicine that the nurse said, I’m gonna stand right here because with this much medicine your heart could stop beating! Uh, yeah. However, the very next day was much, much better and from then on has only improved. This recovery has been a lot easier and I’m so grateful for that! The stay at the hospital was great and thanks to my mom for watching Tyson so Brian was able to stay every night in the hospital with me. I kept telling him he could go home and that I’d be fine but deep down I was so grateful he was there. Andrew lost quite a bit of weight the day before we left but he’s starting to catch up now, thank goodness. Here are some pictures from the hospital!
Night before Andrew was born! I felt large but was I really that big?! Yeah, I guess I was. Suppose I’ve already forgotten how uncomfortable that can be ; )
First time holding Andrew
Proud daddy!
Favorite spot to sleep. It was a no fail position. It was kinda funny!
First picture as a family of 4!
2 days old!
Ready to leave the hospital!
Right when we got home from the hospital on Valentines Day! Tyson was so cute and excited. He ran right up to us to be in the picture too! I was actually baptized when I was 8 on Valentines Day. Pretty neat, huh?

4 comments:
Aw, I love him! I can't wait to see him again :). I'm glad you're recovering fast!
In those first few pictures he really looks like Tyson but in his 2 week pictures he's starting to look more like you! How fun! Glad you're doing well.
Congratulations! He's adorable!!
What is his middle name?
Post a Comment