Thursday, August 19, 2010

We’re still alive

Sorry everyone.  We’re still alive.  It’s been busy around here.  I’ll just dive right in.

My knee is pretty much recovered.  Still sore at times and still weak.  I still have a fear sometimes teaching that I’ll do something to hard or big to hurt it again but I do what I can to be careful. 

Tyson is getting so big.  I have no idea where my little baby went.  He is a full blown toddler.  He likes Thomas the train, tractors, trucks, dogs, and playing outside.  He says close to full sentences.  For example, he was sitting on the couch reading.  I came to sit by him and I guess I got to close to him and he turned to me with this irritated face and said, “Move-a down!”  He loves to tell me to “stop it!”  Suppose I say that to him too much : )  He seriously lifts my spirits most of the day.  Having a kid hasn’t been easy and I know it will only get harder but I am totally in love with this age.  He can put his bowl in the sink by himself, he always wants to do everything himself (which takes tons of patience from me) and says “I do it!”, and he just laughs at almost everything.  Sure he throws his massive tantrums but they never seem to last too long.  I love him and I’m so glad he’s here with us.  We went camping two weekends ago and I was having a rough emotional evening to say the least.  It was time for Ty to go to bed and so I laid next to him on the air mattress.  I was sad and crying and he ran his hand on my head and kept saying, “shhh…shhh..it’s okay mommy.”  It melted my heart.  Once I calmed down he fell right to sleep snuggled up to me.  It was a very spiritual experience for me.  One I hope to never forget.

Brian is taking the plunge and headed back to school.  He’ll get another degree but this time in Accounting.  We’re excited and nervous about the process but I’m so proud of my husband for making the decision that we believe will help our little family out tremendously in the long run.  He still works for Flirty Aprons and loves it.  He’s the best husband and father!

I’m still teaching ballet.  Excited for a new year of students and classes.  I’ll be starting in about a week and half.  My mother has been here a lot the last few months.  We’ve done tons of fun things together and Tyson really loved having “My Grandma" (as he calls her) here.  She helped me out when I hurt my knee and recently had perfect timing coming out because I have been so super sick and then got put on bed rest.  Yep, we’re expecting.  Due middle of February, we’ll have a brand new baby around.  Considering all the issues I had in the beginning with nausea that wouldn’t go away with any kind of medication to being put onto bed rest for two weeks and possible issues with my thyroid, we seem to be okay for now. 

Here are some family pictures that got taken in May.  My other pictures from the last few months are on my camera and I need to get to other things.  Until next time I’ll just leave you with these pictures : )

IMG_5582

IMG_5644

IMG_5677 IMG_5730 IMG_5773

IMG_5843 IMG_5852

IMG_5879

IMG_5607

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Hurray for an update..I was in serious need of an Ashley fix. You look so gorgeous! Ty is officially the cutest little boy toddler ever!! He is such a stud and I love that little smile!Thanks for updating!!

katy said...

Fabulous pictures, Ashley -- and congratulations!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations on the new baby! Thanks for the update. I'm glad you guys are doing well. Tyson is getting so big! What a cute little boy.

Brad and Hailey said...

Cute pictures! Congrats on the new baby! I'm glad to hear you're not feeling sick!

Matt and Suzanne said...

Congrats you guys!!! How exciting! I am so glad you finally updated! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family pictures, you have the most beautiful little family! Sounds like you have so many exciting things going on!

K Murray said...

So glad you updated it love you alot honey!
MOM

Stephanie said...

Yeah for your great news. Hope that you feel better soon. Good luck to Brian and school. Tyson is such a cutie!

Linds said...

Those are great pictures! It stinks that you've been so sick! Glad it's getting better! Congrats.