Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Extra Key

Just wanted to remind everyone to place an extra house key somewhere that isn’t IN your house.

Tyson locked me out of the house today.  It seriously took him 2 seconds to do it too.  I wasn’t panicked because we have an extra key in a certain hiding place.  Well, apparently last time I used that key, I didn’t return it.  That’s when I panicked.  I had to call Brian and he had to leave work to come unlock the door.  Let’s just say it was a long 25 minutes.  Anyway, I had NO idea he could lock a door.  I tried to coach him through unlocking it but he didn’t get it.  To be honest, I didn’t really expect him to.  I’m happy we have a patio so I could see him through that door.  I tried to sing him songs, help him unlock the door, and told him about a bazillion times that Mommy loves him.  He cried most of the time asking to “get out” or “I want a cookie.”  I told him mommy would certainly give him a cookie once daddy unlocks the door.

So anyway, just a word of warning about that extra key.  It does NO good when it’s inside the locked house : )

4 comments:

Mindy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! That is so hilarious and sad at the same time. I love that he was asking for a cookie, but I'm sure it was scary for him to be in there by himself too. Thanks for the warning!!

Brooke said...

Oh no! Funny, Jackson just locked himself in his bedroom today. Luckily I jimmied the lock pretty quickly, but I'm totally taking your advice on the spare key. No Bueno.

Matt and Suzanne said...

Sad! And also really funny! It's amazing the things you just would never think about! I guess you always have to have a sense of humor! :) Thanks for the tip!

KMurray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.