Monday, February 22, 2010

Dislocation

Dislocated my knee cap in dance rehearsal Saturday.  Probably the most painful thing I have ever experienced.  I remember crying and yelling “Help me!” over and over again.  I feel bad because I am positive I scared the director.  Ambulance came and 8 men drugged me up.  Can’t remember how I got off the dance studio floor into the ambulance.  Took a BUMPY and painful ride to the hospital.  Dr moved my knee cap back into place. OUCH! Husband walked in.  Relief.  X-rays were takin’.  Everything appeared to be okay and was told it will be sore.  They weren’t kidding.  Very sore.  Was told I would be able to dance within a week or two. I have crutches and pain medication.  Follow up with Sports Med Dr. Wednesday afternoon.  For now just trying to stay off of my left leg and only meet immediate demands for myself and my son.  Say a prayer please.  Thank you…

13 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee! I hope you are feeling better and that you'll be back to dancing in no time. I'm happy to hear that you are dancing again!

Matt and Suzanne said...

That's so sad. I'll bet that was very painful. I will say a prayer for you and I hope you get feeling better soon!

Carolyn said...

I will keep you in my prayers! I hope you're hanging in there. I wish I lived closer and I could come help somehow...

Good luck.

Jessica and Rod said...

Goodness. No fun. Good luck.

Mindy said...

Ash..if I were there we'd be sitting on the couch with lots of food, watching Friends over and over..and maybe some GG:):) I'll pray for you..hope it feels better VERY soon!

katy said...

OH MAN!!! Ashley, how scary! I have seen this happen to someone, landing from a tourjete. I always warned girls to land holding their turnout with their knees over their toes, because that's what this girl forgot to do.

Anyway, I know it's painful! Hope you heal fast, and I'm so glad it wasn't worse!!

Kent and Kate said...

That makes me hurt just hearing about it. Mother!!! Sorry to hear that glad to hear that you are dancing.

Brooke said...

I've dislocated my knee on several occasions, but mine always popped back in by itself. I am SO sorry. It seriously hurts SO bad. (and I'm sure yours hurt more than mine.) I hope you get feeling better soon and that the drugs work extra good for you. I'll be thinking about you.

Marilyn said...

ooooch!!!!!!1111

Kristin said...

Ouch! Sorry you had to experience that! I'm glad it wasn't worse!

Linds said...

Oh ouch! I'm so sorry! Please call me if you need anything!

Natalie said...

Oh wow...I'm soooo sorry! I hope you are feeling better!

The creamy pesto crockpot chicken was pretty good! I commentee about it under the Feb. title "word to the wise." I personally liked the paprika chicken better, but it was still pretty tasty!! :)

Natalie said...

Let me know if you try it! :)