Here are some recent photos that my sister in law took at our house. I love these photos.
I also think I need to quickly explain about Tyson's delivery. On Monday, April 7th at the fluid test (that I had been having twice a week) the doctors noticed that Tyson's heart rate was a little low. The doctors discussed and since I was one day shy of 40 weeks they decided there was no reason to keep waiting because of his heart rate. I went to the hospital at like 1:30 pm. I had contractions every 3-5 minutes apart for about 2 hours and then my water broke at 10pm. I got an epidural and they started the potocin to make the contractions stronger and closer together. However Tyson's heart rate struggled as the contractions got more intense. The doctor decided that since I was only dialated to 2 cm and I probably had at the least 8 hours ahead of me with contractions the doctor decided it was best to get Tyson out by C-section. Tyson arrived at 1:11 am on April 8th. When they pulled Tyson out they saw that the cord had been wrapped around his neck. This explains why his heart rate kept dropping. We are so blessed that he came when he did. I got to briefly hold him while they sewed me up but they took him away fairly quickly. Tyson had to be put on the C-pap machine that forced air into his lungs because he was working too hard to breathe and was grunting. After two hours of the machine I was able to hold Tyson for a long time and look at his beautiful features. We are so glad that he is a fighter and strong. He has truly already blessed our lives and our marriage. We love him so much and count our blessings everyday. Tyson is feeding well. He is starting to get into a "routine" of sleeping and eating. I am recovering from the c-section but it has been rough. Lots of pain especially when I laugh or cry : ) Tyson truly is adorable!
Tyson Neal Carlsen
April 8, 2008
1:11 am
7 lbs 7 oz
21 1/2 inches long

9 comments:
Cute pictures! He is so adorable!!! I hope your recovery goes well, hang in there
Tyson is such a cutie. I'm happy everything turned out well in the end. Good luck recovering. Give me a call if you need anything! Can't wait to see you two!
Thank you Thank you Thank you for the story and pictures. He is adorable. I especially love how much HAIR he has! How unusual! Did you have a lot of heartburn during your pregnancy? (they say the two things are linked... hair & heartburn) anyway. I'm so happy for you two. Congratulations!
I am so glad that he is okay! I hope you start feeling better. Her really is super cute.
Congratulations! I am so excited for your cute little family. Wishing you a speedy recovery...Love, Rachael
those are such great pictures!
Ashley - I found you blog on facebook and I love it and I love those pictures. Congratulations!!
Ashley! He's beautiful! I'm so happy for you!
Love, love
Kendra
By the way, you looked really cute as a pregnant lady. hah
Oh, I love the picture when sweet Tyson is looking right at the camera! He looks so handsome! How are you doing? You will need to start getting together with all of the ballerinas.
Post a Comment