I took tons of pictures of my wedding dress before handing it over to Monique.
It took 10 days for her to make the dress and when I picked it up I almost lost it. I was so incredibly happy. It looks so similar to my wedding dress but in a baby girl way! Some may think this blessing dress is extravagant but to me it was perfect. The plan was to surprise my mom on Hannah's blessing day but I just couldn't hold it in. When I went to pick up the other kids (the seamstress lived 5 minutes away from my mom) I ended up telling her. She was shocked at first but very happy for me. The seamstress and I talked and I have enough of my dress to make a baptism dress for Hannah. We will need to get a bit creative because she had to cut up more of the breaded part than she had originally thought but I'm thinking just a plain white dress with a band around the waist with the beading would be beautiful. Anyway, that's still 8 years away! I can't wait for Hannah to wear her special dress at the end of the month!












1 comments:
This turned out SO beautiful! I LOVE that it looks so similar to your dress. What a wonderful heirlooom! When I was making a blessing dress for my girls, I considered doing this, and I wish that I had. How amazing to have both a blessing and a baptism dress made from your mom's wedding dress!
Post a Comment