Sunday, August 30, 2015

Snow Bird

My grandparents have had a room at The Iron Blossom for years and we had the chance to use it this year.  It was a BLAST! 

Mike’s family spent a few days there and then we came up separately.  We got our awesome Snowbird shirts because during craft time when they were there they made everyone, including our family the shirts.

The trip started off with us meeting my mom at the Black Bear Diner for dinner Thursday night. 

On Friday morning my mom and I actually ended up taking Tyson to the dr.  I think there was an issue with his eye.  I had thought it was pink eye at first a few days before but it wasn’t the typical pink eye.  Then I thought it was allergies and that morning something just wasn’t right.  We decided to take him in.  I still can’t remember exactly what it the issue was but there was some type of infection that required a different type of eye drops.

I can’t remember everything that we did but I know we went to a Mexican restaurant a few times.  This restaurant was as authentic as Mexican food gets.  At least that’s what I think.  It was spicy but SO good. 

The first day we walked around the lodge and discovered the area.

IMG_3439_3874_edited-1IMG_3440_3875_edited-1IMG_3441_3876_edited-1

During one of the afternoons there was a scavenger hunt for the kids with a treasure box at the end. 

IMG_3443_3878_edited-1IMG_3444_3879_edited-1IMG_3445_3880_edited-1IMG_3448_3883_edited-1IMG_3450_3885_edited-1

I remember seeing a polygamist family that was staying there.  They were pretty easy to spot and were all over the lodge, all the time. 

The boys loved the balcony and sitting outside, although we had to keep an eye on Andrew.  There was a Blue Jay bird that would be on the balcony in the mornings.  One time Tyson and Andrew put out some bread to feed the bird.  It was really cute.

IMG_3451_3818_edited-1IMG_3453_3820_edited-1IMG_3454_3821_edited-1

IMG_3489_3856

On the last day, Saturday, it was actually Oktoberfest.  But that was the day that the rides and all the activities were open, so that’s when we went.  We braved the alcohol and the smoking.  Funny thing is, those people weren’t really interested in riding the rides so the lines really weren’t very long.  We rode the tram and it was SO cold at the top.  We snapped a few pictures and then a hid out with the boys and my mom.  Brian took Tyson around to discover a few things.  If you look at the faces of the boys on everything you can tell they had a wonderful time.  Tyson still talks about wanting to go back and says “Remember that time at Snowbird…”

IMG_3495_3862_edited-1IMG_3497_3864_edited-1IMG_3498_3865_edited-1IMG_3500_3867_edited-1IMG_3502_3869_edited-1

IMG_3517_3733_edited-1IMG_3518_3734IMG_3522_3738_edited-1IMG_3526_3742IMG_3531_3747_edited-1IMG_3532_3748IMG_3533_3749IMG_3535_3751IMG_3538_3754_edited-1IMG_3540_3756_edited-1IMG_3542_3758_edited-1IMG_3544_3760_edited-1IMG_3546_3762IMG_3547_3763IMG_3549_3765_edited-1IMG_3552_3768_edited-1IMG_3558_3774_edited-1IMG_3559_3775_edited-1IMG_3560_3776_edited-1IMG_3561_3777_edited-1IMG_3562_3778_edited-1IMG_3566_3782_edited-1IMG_3568_3784IMG_3570_3786IMG_3571_3787IMG_3572_3788IMG_3573_3789_edited-1IMG_3583_3799_edited-1IMG_3590_3806_edited-1IMG_3591_3807_edited-1IMG_3597_3813_edited-1IMG_3589_3805

 

And since we had to check out on Saturday but didn’t want to go home just yet, we wondered around and actually find the play ground.  We had to laugh that it was tricky to get to and that it took all week to discover it.  So we played for awhile and then headed home.

IMG_3598_3814_edited-1

IMG_3467_3834_edited-1IMG_3468_3835_edited-1IMG_3469_3836_edited-1IMG_3488_3855_edited-1IMG_3472_3839_edited-1IMG_3462_3829_edited-1IMG_3475_3842_edited-1

There was one thing missing about the mini vacation and it was dad.  We all commented how much dad would love this and would want to be here.  Hopefully next year we can make it work and get him there with us!

IMG_3493_3860_edited-1

0 comments: