On December 23rd the kids and I made gingerbread cookies while dad did haircuts. I made the dough ahead of time and then the kids took turns cutting out the shapes. They loved it. I told them they could each eat a cookie before bed but that we needed to save the rest for Santa.
I don’t remember why he was crying or why I took a picture of it. It must have been funny.
We spent Christmas Eve at the Carlsens and had dinner, read Luke 2 and then opened one present each. This year The Moreno family had us and Tyson got a Lego set, Andrew got a Batman car and Jeffrey got some new clothes.
Jeffrey was the youngest so he got to put baby Jesus in his manger. I love this tradition.
Then we headed home and got the kids in their elf pjs, laid out the cookies for Santa and slept soundly through the night.

0 comments:
Post a Comment