Sunday, March 30, 2014

January 4th

Jeffrey had his first taste of baby food.  It took awhile for him to figure out how to use his tongue to swallow without pushing it back out of his mouth.

IMG_1795_1924IMG_1796_1925IMG_1797_1926

We met my family at a roller skating arena in January.  This was our last chance to hang out and see my parents before they hoped on a plane to go back to Belgium.  They also have blow up slides and a fun ball shooting area.

Andrew looked so cute riding his scooter around but he wanted dad to help him a lot too.

IMG_1798_1892IMG_1800_1894IMG_1808_1901

Max and Tyson riding around together.  At one point Tyson crashed and was really upset and started crying.  He said he wasn’t good at riding a scooter.  We assured him that he is good.  He can just practice more and get even better.  Bless his heart.  He has such a sweet and sensitive heart.

IMG_1803_1897

Jeffrey was held by my dad or Emily basically the whole evening.

IMG_1810_1903IMG_1812_1905IMG_1814_1907

The ball blasting area was really cool.  The older boys filled up buckets with balls and aimed and shot people with them.

IMG_1820_1913

Andrew loved filling up the launch pad and watching all the balls exploded upward.  And to be honest, Brian looked like he was having just as much fun as the boys.

IMG_1825_1916

Then the kids got their faces painted.  Tyson picked Captain America.  He loved it and I’m PRETTY sure he thought he became Captain America with the paint on.

IMG_1826_1917IMG_1827_1918IMG_1832_1923

After the fun place we went to Chil-Fil-A and then said our tearful goodbyes. 

Later that night Brian went to a movie with his friends and I had decided enough was enough.  I had to sleep train Jeffrey.  So I did.  He cried for about an hour and fell asleep.  If I remember right he slept well through the night.  The next night was about 15 minutes and the night after about 5.  Why did I wait so long to sleep train him?  1) I was worried he’d be like Tyson and scream for hours and hours. 2) I enjoyed rocking my baby to sleep.  I just wanted him to stay little.  But I knew I needed to do something because waking up multiple times a night was not helping me be a good mother.  I know we had tried it a few monthes before but that was in a pack n play.  It’s like he knew it wasn’t a real bed.  So this time we moved my mom’s bed up against the wall and set up the crib.  Best thing ever. 

0 comments: