This is my first experience of losing a grandparent. It was more difficult than I thought it would be. I was able to see her 3 days before she died. It was a sad visit for me, but one I am very glad I made. She was very sick. Her breathing was labored and when she looked at me it was like she was looking through me. I told her that I loved her and Tyson did the same. I left that night knowing in my heart she wasn’t going to make it more than a week. So when she died I was very sad but at the same time very relieved. The way she was living was no way to live for her or for my grandfather. He looked worn out and exhausted. His heart was breaking because he said to me when I was helping him get her into bed, “It’s heartbreaking, isn’t it?” I know it was her time to go even though we all miss her.
Her funeral was so nice. A cousin from each family gave a talk as well as my mother. My mother and brother made me cry with their talks and my brother mentioned me and the towel I made her for Christmas I completely lost it. Grandma was such a grateful lady. I made her a hand towel for Christmas a few years back. She called me and thanked me as well as sent me a note. Anytime I went to her house she told me how she’d told all her friends and showed them the towel. And she always thanked me again, every time.
Andrew must have gotten car sick because we were almost to the church for the funeral and Andrew threw up. We almost missed the family prayer trying to get Andrew cleaned up and settled. Brian stayed with Andrew in the Relief Society room just in case he got sick again, and Tyson went into the funeral with me. In all the hustle of Andrew, I completely forgot Ty’s bag to keep him entertained. Max was being so nice and sharing everything with Tyson and Tyson was being really good too.
My father dedicated her grave and gave a wonderful prayer.
This casket makes me smile. I remember her telling me she had picked out her casket years ago and that it was light blue. Isn’t it pretty?
And here are some pictures of my dear Grandma. The oldest pictures I have on my computer only go back to 2005.
My bridal shower
Graduation
My wedding
And days before my wedding…

1 comments:
I'm sorry about your Grandma Ashley! Losing my first grandparent was harder for me than I expected too. I'm so grateful for our knowledge of the plan of Salvation. It makes events like these so much more peaceful. Hope you guys are doing well! We are getting close to having these babies!
Post a Comment