We woke up to even more snow on this day. Tyson begged to go outside. It was pretty deep and I didn’t feel like chasing Andrew around outside so I helped Tyson get dressed and sent him outside. He have no snow toys so he used a wagon. He said he was running around making tracks and I told him how to pack it full of snow and then dump it out. He also threw a snowball at me! I sat by the window and enjoyed watching him run himself tired while I stayed warm and kept Andrew company.
On the 26th Brian had to go to work but we planned with Brian’s family to go to Temple Square and see the lights that night. It was certainly something to look forward to after starting to feel the after Christmas blues! We ate at City Creek’s food court and braved the snow and cold for the beautiful lights.
The next day I drove down to Payson to spend some time with Terry and Marilyn’s family. Seeing them for 2 hours and talking for 10 minutes just wasn’t enough. Me and kids even spent the night. The next morning I called Brian and he had stayed home from work. We went home and Brian spent a few hours building the Lego Mining set with Tyson. That night I went to the dance studio owner’s house for dinner and I had a great time. I went without Brian but still had a super fun evening.
The next day we got to celebrate my upcoming birthday by going out to dinner and seeing Les Mis. It was a much needed evening and thanks to Leny, Wendy and Kelby for driving all the way here to watch our kids.
Then on the 31st, Brian had to work and didn’t get home until 8 but the partying started the second he got home. We had cake with Tyson and then the McCages came down to play games. We ate a lot of food, played ticket to ride twice, missed the ball dropping because of the intense games and called it a night around 1am. I didn’t feel like making one since we had all had scratchy throats and a little cough the day before. I was so happy the McCages had colds too so we could still hang out and cough on everyone. Haha!
Here is a picture of my cake from the grocery store. I was going for a smaller more simpler cake but Tyson told me I had to get this one with all the sprinkles and ribbon. It was a fabulous evening of turning 28!

0 comments:
Post a Comment