Technically this picture isn’t from Christmas Eve but I wanted to share it anyway. One of the neighbors brought cake and a DVD as a gift. The DVD was children talking about Christ’s birth. It was so sweet. We lit the candle and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. I feel like it really helped Tyson understand the reason for Christmas on a child’s level. And the cake was amazing. A few neighbors were out of town already so they told me to eat theirs. I ate a lot of cake in 3 days :)
Oh and our 7th anniversary was on the 22nd of December. We had Chili’s take out and watched a movie because the kids were sick. I had to take a picture of the flowers Brian got me because they were so beautiful. I thought the arrangement was one of my favorites. I was really sad when the flowers died.
It snowed Christmas Eve here. Not a ton but enough for the kids to be really excited about it. Tyson has been wanting to make a snowman and snowballs for awhile. With Brian home that day we were all able to dress up and spend some time outside. I loved Andrew all bundled up trying to walk around.
The second we hit outside Tyson went to town on building a snowman. Brian told him he’d help him build a big one, so he said this one is for Andrew. What a great big brother!
Here’s daddy teaching Tyson how to make a snowman…
Almost there! Andrew was calling it a ball the whole time.
I LOVE this picture of my boys!!
Brian stuck Andy up on top as a joke and Andrew never wanted to get down. He would beg and say, “up, up” over and over until Brian would put him back on top. He thought it was so funny.
And then boys will be boys…must destroy whatever you build I guess.
After the snow playing we got showered and headed to Payson. We had a great dinner with family and listened to the Nativity and each opened one present. Tyson got a little excited and went out of turn. Andrew loves his new blanket and Brian got some popcorn seasoning from the boys. Brian’s mom made us each a pillowcase and Rob and Tina got us some gifts from the Azores where they use to live. We left kind of late that night so we rushed home to get the kids to bed. Both fell asleep on the drive home so Tyson helped me half asleep put the reindeer food and glitter in the grass and lay the cookies and milk out for Santa.

0 comments:
Post a Comment