Saturday, January 21, 2012

I danced on a stage

I got to dance on a stage during one of the studio’s Christmas recitals on December 16th.  Even though it wasn’t my genre of dance I had a lot of fun learning new steps and pushing my body.  I was nervous about dancing again because the last time I did that I dislocated my knee cap back in 2010.  Maybe this is too personal but sometimes I still have nightmare-ish dreams about that accident.  Oye.  I will say this…the second I stepped on that stage I didn’t think about my knee at all.  I love the power of performing, there really isn’t anything like it.

Anyway, it was a blast and I wanted to share it with you in case you haven’t seen it through email or facebook yet.  I have long brown hair and for a lot of the dance I am in the front and center. (I have no idea why it came out that way!)

I really wanted Brian to come see me dance in the show because he has never seen me dance on a stage.  He told me I did really well for an old lady. ;)  I also wanted my mother and my father to come see me dance.  That meant bringing the boys and my family said they did awesome.  Andrew just watched the stage the whole time and sat very quietly.  Tyson did great because of his snacks.  My mother said he kept asking if the kids on the stage were from my class. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ash, you look awesome!! I am so jealous of all that strength you still have. Very inspiring :) Thanks for sharing!