Andrew turned 4 months old on Friday. Wish there was a way that I could freeze time. He really should just stay the way he is ;) He is a wonderful baby. I think the Lord sent me a calm, happy baby on purpose. Goes to show he knew exactly what I needed. Our son Tyson is wonderful, but a bit on the active and rambunctious side. I’m hoping Andrew’s calm nature sticks. Comparing Tyson to Andrew at the same age they are very different in personalities. However, with Andrew’s facial features developing the last month or so he is seriously looking more and more like Tyson. When our screen saver pictures pop up on our computer I am taken back at times because I have a hard time figuring out who is who. Tyson’s dark hair is really the only way that I can tell.
Andrew had his appointment on Friday and he did great. The doctor said he is growing perfectly. He was a trooper with the shots and didn’t cry. He had a look on his face that seemed as though he was thinking, “What in the world?” But I picked him up right after and he whined for 3 seconds. See, calm nature!
Length: 24 1/2 inches—25%
Weight: 13 lbs 8 oz—25%
Head: 41.9 cm—50%
Also comparing Tyson with Andrew (because it really is so much fun) their size at 4 months seem to be almost exactly the same. Tyson was about an inch longer at this point but everything else is pretty close!
I took these pictures on Friday. He is so smiley like this ALL THE TIME. Love him! (So I had some trouble with lighting…someone who does photography tell me what to fix! The natural light was to his right and was casting a shadow on the other side of his face. What should I have done? I tried making the light face him but that didn’t seem to work either…)
Andrew at 4 months…
Tyson at 4 months…
and back to Andrew :)
I seriously adore this picture. Just wish I had fixed Andrew’s ears. Haha! They really don’t stick out like that :)
Two weeks ago Brian and I went on a date to see Les Miserables. It was fantastic!!!! I just love the music from that show. I forgot my camera so no pictures from our date but we enjoyed every second of dinner at the Olive Garden and sitting in a theater watching the show. Michael and Emily watched the boys and Andrew refused the bottle. We’ll have to work on that buddy!
Tyson starts swim lessons next week Monday. I am excited about it. I think he’ll love it. I signed him up with some friends so I’m excited to sit by the pool and chat while Tyson works out some of his never-ending energy. Lately he has been protesting naps. Which I would be totally fine with if the kid didn’t get cranky and ornery at 5 pm. He’ll nap about every 2 or 3 days. Even if he won’t fall asleep he’ll play in his room for at least 45 minutes but honestly that doesn’t help him not be cranky by 5. I hoping though with the summer here and him playing outside most days that he’ll get tired enough for a small nap. Nothing is more annoying then driving to the bus stop at 7 pm to pick up Brian from work and I look back and Tyson is asleep!
We are super excited about our first family vacation. It will just be the 4 of us. We’re headed to California to see my Grandparents, then to San Diego for Sea World and the beach and then to Vegas. We will be gone a little over a week. I wish I had a vacation planner though. I really don’t enjoy planning all of this. But I’m sure it will all be worth it once we hit the road and all the preparation work will be behind me.
I’ve recently started cloth diapering part time. I know, it’s crazy. I honestly am liking it. I look forward to buying more cloth diapers and using up the disposables that we already have. The upfront cost is a bit high but in the end will save us quite a bit of money. Especially with more kids. Brian thinks this is a phase and that I’ll be done with it as soon as I start. I hope that isn’t true. It requires some extra laundry but if there is a chore that I really don’t mind doing, laundry is it. Now, if I had to wash extra dishes or empty the dishwasher more because of it I’d never do it :) I wanted to try it to prove to myself that I could do it. I’m not sure why…I’m just cool like that I guess.
This was his first ever cloth diaper. He liked it so much he pooped in it within 15 minutes ;)
If I had stuck with the 60 day slim down program I would be done with it sometime this week. However, after 32 days I kinda stopped. I decided to take 1 week off but ever since then I haven’t done well with it. I wasn’t as strict about it anymore. I was still eating pretty healthy but not so much exercise. I’ve still lost 13 pounds and I have at least 10 more to go if not 15. I’m extremely happy with the results thus far though. I think it was just what I needed. I have another month before vacation and wearing a swim suit on the beach. Wish me luck!

2 comments:
Wow they do look alot alike. Ty just had more hair. Love you all!
MOM
how cute is he?? and ty too ;) I see those cloth diapers! let me know how you like them
Post a Comment