Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tulip Festival

Never been.  I’ve lived here for 8 years and I’ve never been to the Tulip Festival.  Silly me.  I told Brian we were going go this year and with lots of things going on, it just wasn’t looking like it was going to happen.  Imagine my happiness when I found out that a bunch of friends were getting together to go as a play date.  We went yesterday and it was so fun to stroll through grounds looking at flowers and talking about all kinds of things.  I really believe that women need other women.  Plain and simple :)  Here are some lovely pictures from the day. 

Oh and thank you Ashley for some of these pictures that I stole from your blog.  They are just perfect :)

   tulipfestival2DSCN0624tulipfestival

He just threw a penny into the fountain.  He kept asking for more “moneys”. 

DSCN0627_edited-1 tulipfestival3_edited-1

You see that really big hill that goes for forever in this picture?  At the end of the trip I told him to roll down the hill 1 time.  I failed to mention where he had to stop so he kept going and going.  He made it all the way to the bottom by the stream.  I felt bad because I was yelling his name out so loud. I was at the very top with the stroller that contained a screaming Andrew. He finally came back up after some friends had to go down and get him and he was exhausted.  I think I’d be pretty tired too if I rolled down that hill and had to climb back up.

DSCN0625_edited-1

Here is the beginning of the rolling…He’s pretty fun to watch roll.  He doesn’t quite get how to do it, but he totally thinks he does.  Such joy on his little face.  I think I need to find more joy in the simple things of life.  Thanks Ty for reminding me to do that :)

DSCN0631

I thought he’d stop where the side walk was but nope, he kept going and going and I kept panicking and panicking!

DSCN0632_edited-1

We had a great time and Tyson fell asleep in the car before I could even pull out of the parking lot!

DSCN0633_edited-1

Glad that I was feeling well enough to go yesterday despite recovering from getting mastitis 4 days before.  I honestly don’t think I have ever felt that sick.  At the time I thought to myself, “I’d seriously rather have another c-section recovery right now than this…”  But the antibiotics are already working miracles.  Thank you modern medicine.

3 comments:

Heather said...

so fun! I wanted to go so badly. I wonder if they are still doing it? You guys look like you had a lot of fun. I am glad to hear you are feeling better :) That hill looks like fun, maybe I should roll down it too :>

KMurray said...

wow The tulips are so pretty. glad you have friends to have fun with.

Brooke said...

Oh no! Mastitits. Yuck :( I'm glad you are doing better. The tulips look amazing! I've always wanted to go to that. Looks like you had lots of fun.