It has been 6 weeks since Andrew was born. Hard to believe. He is growing at such a rapid pace now that I’m trying to take nice pictures of him at milestones so that I don’t forget what he looked like.
The last week we’ve been pretty lazy. I’m still trying to adjust to less sleep so it takes me half of the day to even get myself ready. Andrew though has started sleeping 5 hour stretches at night which has helped me a lot. After looking at blog entries from when Tyson was this age it looks like he did the same thing. Wow, I’ve got some fantastic kids don’t I? Andrew is a pretty content baby. He doesn’t seem to have to be held as much as Tyson did. He does get a little cranky right around when I have to start dinner which makes it a little difficult. He is getting into a decent schedule which I am grateful for. I tell you the best book I ever read for getting my babies on some sort of schedule is from Baby Wise. Some think it is controversial but I don’t do everything it says in the book. For example it says not to rock your baby to sleep. I’m sorry but I just can’t help myself. But I do follow the eat, awake time and then nap and it has saved my life. Anyway, just my two cents.
Tyson just learned that he is going to see the real Thomas the Train and ride him in May. He won’t stop talking about it now. : ) He sure keeps me either laughing or crying during the day. More laughing than crying though. He can’t wait until it warms up more so he can play outside everyday. He has started to use the phrase, “Shall we…” It’s pretty hilarious. He says things like, “Shall we go outside?” “Shall we go to the train store?” “Shall we watch Mickey?” We aren’t quite sure where he learned that phrase but we think from one of his Thomas the Train DVDs. He is a great big brother and tries to give Andrew his binky any time he cries. He likes to try and make Andrew laugh by jumping right near him and falling to the ground. I’m not sure why he thinks it is funny because Andrew doesn’t even smile yet (although it has to be coming soon. He is making silly facial expressions all the time.) and he gets yelled at by me every time he does it. Him jumping that close to Andrew pretty much gives me a heart attack every time. He also likes to take the baby swing and try to send it to the moon. I keep telling him that Andrew doesn’t like it because he is screaming but Tyson must think otherwise.
I’m a little bummed because I just found out that Brian will be working on Mother’s Day. Boo! However, I did find out that my father is for sure coming to visit either the end of April or beginning of May!
As for me and Brian, we went on our first date last Saturday night. It was a party thrown by some of the people Brian work with. It was really fun and now I can put faces to the names he always talks about. It was really nice to get out. Brian is doing well at his job. He is still in and out of training. Sometimes that means he gets Sundays off. I sure love those weeks : ) I’ve been given the go to get back to exercising. After 2 days of light exercise my legs are killing me! Man, I’m totally out of shape. However, I’m looking forward to moving my body again. I’ve missed it. We’re also eating better at our house now. Not as many carbs, more vegetables, more water and no more snacking. I’ve got 30 pounds to shed (at least!). Hopefully the majority of that can come off by summer.
Here are some pictures of Andrew at 6 weeks.
Andrew taking his first bottle from Daddy at 5 weeks!
And here is Tyson giving Andrew his binky!
Yeah, my family is pretty great. I’m so glad I get to keep them for eternity!

5 comments:
So cute. I think the pic of Tyson with his finger up Andrew's nose is awesome! Love boys ;)
Brooke! I didn't even notice the finger up the nose. That's hilarious. Tyson is very curious about Andrew and all of his little features. I'm constantly telling him to leave his brother alone! : )
so so sweet! They're going to be the best of friends! That's so great that Andrew is getting on a schedule and sleeping good for you! YAY!
Wow, he's totally got his own look now! It's amazing how they change so quickly!
Oh I just love these pictures! Those boys are so cute! Andrew is a good baby, you are so lucky:)
Post a Comment