Saturday, January 8, 2011

December Happenings…

Sorry it’s been a while.  I have to lay down a lot more because I keep getting cramping and contractions.  However, everything seems to be fine.  I’ve just got to take it a little easy at times.  Well, let’s just jump right into the festivities because let’s be honest we have about a million things that go on in December…

Tyson and I got to decorate the Christmas tree. This was his first year really helping.  I mainly put the ornaments on and where I wanted them to go.  I soon learned seconds later that Tyson was going to put the ornaments where jnever he wanted them to go.  I had to let my slightly neurotic tree decorating issues go and let him do his thing.  He had a lot of fun.  Pretty sure he thought he was a big boy for workin so hard : )

showing off the ornament

IMG_9485 

IMG_9487

Here we are decorating our gingerbread house.  It was fun.  Tyson loved it.  He surprisingly didn’t eat the candy until I told him he could.  He had fun sticking random pieces everywhere.  We mainly let him do the decorating.  We laughed a lot afterword while looking at the “masterpiece”.  The only irritating thing was that Tyson felt the need to handle and touch every piece of candy melting them and making them sticky.  Oh well, when do you not make a mess doing gingerbread houses?

IMG_9492IMG_9494 IMG_9491IMG_9506

He wasn’t into smiling very much that night.  I think he was too busy concentrating on decorating. : )

We heard that we could get a picture with a really cute Santa at the Riverwoods.  Turned out to be a great evening.  Tyson was able to color Santa a picture and put it in his mailbox, ride in a horse drawn carriage to see lights and even sit on Santa’s lap.  We should have known better and let him warm up to Santa first.  There wasn’t a line at all so I don’t know why we didn’t think about it.  The first few shots weren’t successful.  He was pretty distraught.  So we took him off his lap and he started to talk Santa’s ear off.  So then we put him back on his lap.  He still wasn’t quite sure about it all but he figured he was okay.

First attempt

DSCN0442 

Talking to Santa

DSCN0444

Second attempt.

DSCN0447

DSCN0452  DSCN0454

One Monday evening we had been planning to go to Temple Square to see the lights.  Brian and I hadn’t been since before we got married so I was pretty excited.  We knew Ty would love it too.  Well, that evening we decided we better not go.  It was so stinkin’ cold and I had been having some contractions and cramping.  Brian told me I shouldn’t be walking around so we ended up going to Spanish Fork to drive through their Festival of Lights.  It ended up being a fantastic evening.  Tyson loved every second.  He pointed out everything he could see.  His favorite was the frog.  He kept telling us that the frog jumped into the water.  He also like the train of course and he called the Candy Cane Factory a washing machine.  I didn’t get any pictures of this because you drive through in your car but I wanted to share and remember it.  We ended up having to go through the lights twice that night.  He wasn’t content with just seeing it all once : )

On December 22nd Brian and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary!  We didn’t get to really celebrate until the 23rd and even then we didn’t do much but that’s okay.  With Brian’s busy studying schedule and me being as pregnant as I am, I’m not sure either of us were up to much anyways.  Brian did bring me home some beautiful flowers and got me the last season of 24.  I got him a sander thingy.  : )  We went out for Mexican food (which made me badly miss the Mexican food from Texas) and just chatted.  I am so grateful that I married Brian 5 years ago.  I’ve always known how determined and wonderful he is but the last year has been amazing.  He has shown me what a hard worker and dedicated man he is to his family, friends, work, etc.  I’ve always been proud of him but I’m more proud of him today than I have ever been.  He means the world to me and Tyson.  I couldn’t have asked for a better eternal companion.  Love ya babe!

my surprise flowers!

IMG_9521

077[3]

349[3]

446[3]

491[3] 

 

Random picture but I just would like to show how obsessed my son is with trains!  How cute is this picture?!  He lined up the laundry basket to make “freight cars” behind his riding train, laid out his blankets to make “train tracks”, and filled up the basket with boxes to make “cargo”!  He is so fun right now!!!  His imagination is just soaring and it is awesome to see and be a part of!

IMG_9512

Yeah, we have tons of fun!

IMG_9517 

I’ll make another post soon about Christmas Eve and Christmas!

7 comments:

Murray Family said...

That thing at the Riverwoods looks like so much fun! And what a cute picture of him with his train and cargo. Haha! He's a smart kid!

:: ashley :: said...

looks like i checked your blog the perfect time cause you just updated it! happy anniversary!! and cute pictures, i love them!

Sunny said...

the last season of 24! what an excellent anniversary gift. tyson looks like so much fun and he's so stinking cute! love the train picture.

Melanie said...

I love the train picture, too! You guys are so cute. Can't wait to see the new little one!

KMurray said...

love the post and pictures!
MOM

Brad and Hailey said...

What a great train he made! I'm sorry you have been having cramping! Take care of yourself!

Mindy said...

LOVE THE POST!! Ty is getting so big and I didn't think it was possible for him to get any cuter..but he's so dang cute!! Can't wait to see more pics..I'm totally dragging my feet with my blog, now I know how you felt when I was harassing you about blogging:) LOVE YOU TONS!!