Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Okay, okay so I’m a little late in posting about the latest events and the holiday.  I’ll more than make up for it now.

Pumpkin Patch, Oct 29

We went to a pumpkin patch with our friends Joe, Heather and their boy Dallin.  I hadn’t charged my camera before we left so Heather sent me some pictures.  They are super cute.  I love going to the pumpkin patch.  It is such a Fall thing to do.  Brian helped Tyson find a really, really small pumpkin.  Tyson called it “baby pumpkin” and carried it everywhere for a few days : ) We still haven’t done anything with our pumpkins that we bought.  We were going to carve them on Halloween evening but we have a good reason why that didn’t happen. I’ll explain later.  So anyway, if you have any ideas of what to do with pumpkins, let me know. 

pumkin patch 086 pumkin patch 112

pumkin patch 109 pumkin patch 110

Ward Activity, Oct 30

So on Saturday night we went to our ward activity.  The kids dressed up and went trick or treating to the doors in the church.  I must say I enjoyed this because no one had to be outside freezing.  Plus when you all have coats on, no one can see your costume : )  Here are some pictures of Ty having fun.

 DSCN0417 DSCN0422 DSCN0428 DSCN0430

Not the most successful pictures : )  I’d tell him to say cheese and he’d show me his bucket or candy.  I told him to not move so he sat down and he was totally into attacking that black cat. Nonetheless he enjoyed getting candy and having everyone tell him how cute he was.  What a cute little Nemo he was!

Unfortunately that night didn’t quite turn out how I had been hoping.  For the past 4 days before Oct 30th I had started to have cramping.  Over the next few days it really only got worse and doing the littlest stuff would set it off.  I was laying down a lot and drinking as much water as I could because that’s what the nurse told me to do.  Finally Saturday night at the ward activity I started to get it again but bad.  All we had done was walk around the building once!  So in tears I asked Brian to take me to the hospital on the way to the car.  I think normally I wouldn’t have been so worried but earlier that week one of my friends who was carrying twin boys lost both of her babies.  She was only due 1 week behind me.  I really just started to worry that maybe something else was going on.  Anyway, we were at the hospital for about 3 hours for them to tell me that I was not in labor and that I was just dehydrated.  I was so grateful that everything was okay.  However, slightly confused because I had been chugging water like it had gone out of style.  This whole pregnancy I have felt dehydrated and always thirsty.  It’s like I just can’t quench my thirst.  The nurses told me that is one of the effects of gestational diabetes.  I don’t have my test for that for another 2 weeks so I won’t know until then.  I’ll let you know.  Anyway I was also told to take it easy.  Which most of us know isn’t the easiest to do with a toddler at home.  However, I rest as much as I can and have quit exercising.  Exercising and doing lots of bending over and cleaning really sets off the cramps.  So I still get cramps even to this day but I’m drinking water like crazy and laying down a lot.  We are very grateful that this little baby is still inside and growing.

Oct 31

I had been planning on taking more pictures of Tyson in his Halloween costume the night before but of course that didn’t happen.  So I dressed him up after church and let him run around.  I think I got some cute pictures of him.  He’s so cute.  Happy Halloween 2010!

IMG_9414 IMG_9415 IMG_9430 IMG_9450

IMG_9453 IMG_9460

IMG_9463

I also need to post about Brian’s new job!  He started Nov 1!  Until I make this blog private I can’t really say where he’s at but just know that he is really enjoying it so far.  The whole process of getting this job was inspired.  He wasn’t really even looking for another job and this basically just fell into his lap.  We feel so blessed!!!!  We know this is where the Lord has intended us to be.  It’s a wonderful opportunity and we are so grateful for everyone that helped us along the way. The only thing I’m not enjoying about this new job is that I have to iron his work clothes. Any suggestions on how to avoid that in dress shirts and pants would be greatly appreciated : ) 

14 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow! So sorry to hear that you are having discomfort with you pregnancy. I would have been so scared. Try drinking Gatorade and powerade to help with the dehydration. I had gestational diabetes with Riley. Hope all goes well.

Murray Family said...

Loved the update. That costume is to die for :)

Marilyn said...

I though of an idea you could do with you pumpkins. You could decorate them like turkeys.

Brad and Hailey said...

Very fun! He's adorable!

Brooke said...

Congratulations about the new job! You are looking very cute these days with your pregnant belly. As always, Tyson is adorable. I love the pic of him in his nemo get up when he's looking at this shoes. So cute!

Madeleine said...

Good idea Marilyn with the pumpkins. Tyson looked so cute as Nemo. Sorry to hear about the cramps, when you posted on FB that you were thirsty at the time I meant to call you about seeing if you have had your glucose test. I hope you feel better, don't worry about cleaning your house. A little mess doesn't hurt anyone. Love you all and congrats Brian on the new job.

Liz & Zac said...

I loved that little Nemo costume! Hey, I want to be invited to view your blog when you go private. Im contemplating that decision right now for my blog. Liz@laytonsonline.com is my email address.

Linds said...

So glad everything is ok! I got really nervous just reading about it! Ty looks so cute in his costume!

KMurray said...

Love the update and photos! Ty is so cute in costume and holding the tiny, "baby" pumpkin. Take care honey, we love you!
MOM

KMurray said...

Continue you take it easy as necessary!

Tran said...

So glad that things are good with the pregnancy.. It is hard to take it easy with a toddler but you have to remind yourself that you have another child to look after too even though he isn't with you physically. Rest up girl and rest plenty. Congrats on Brian's new job. I forgot you were going private so can you add me to your list too. I am pretty sure you have my email address. I just didn't want to write it on here. Thank you!

Kristy Lynne said...

Ash,

So sorry, I just noticed your comment...from a year ago. Rather than hope you would check the blog again I'll respond here and you can delete it when you're done!

Ron completely got rid of my tendonitis. He had brian use his knuckles and press out the knots in my supinators and my intrinsics. For an hour each night Brian would scour my lower leg and feet for any knot and press out the knots. I cried. Then he would spend another hour using ice cubes until my leg was completely cooled down.

An easier way? Stretching. I tell you, it feels a lot better. Inflamation and static contractions are the culprit. So, I stretch all the way around my foot. I even discovered how to stretch the hallicus flexor. It has been lovely to avoid the knots.

We're starting to prepare video and pictures to put on the blog for stretching and core strengrthening stuff. We may put some of it on the website (which is a little easier to navigate) dancecore.us.

Hope that helps...a year later. Sorry.

Kristy Lynne

Brooke said...

Hi Ashley! I totally feel you on the no coupon policy while pregnant. It's probably not worth it. Was your subscription to the Daily Herald? I had lots of problems with them delivering too. I had to make sure ALL of my papers were there every morning early. If I called by 10 a.m. they would still deliver them on Sunday. It was SUCH a pain though. I hated calling them. I kept telling them. "The ONLY reason I get the paper is for the coupons. I don't want a credit on my account, I want the paper!" I think the Daily Herald is hokey in a lot of ways, that's why it's so cheap I guess. Maybe you could complain about your delivery person? But it sounds like you did that lots already. It really shouldn't be that hard to get your newspaper. Seriously!

Brooke said...

Hello! As if I haven't posted enough comments on this post... ha! Could I get your email? I'm sending an e-Christmas card this year ;)