The ultrasound was as clear as day! It’s another boy! We’re very excited about our new addition. Tyson was so cute at the ultrasound. Brian pointed to the screen and said, “That’s your new baby brother.” Tyson then looked at me and said, “Look mommy, it’s baby brother!” I think he’ll do great with him. At least I hope! On the way home from the ultrasound he insisted on carrying the ultrasound pictures by saying, “I wanna carry baby brother.” Pretty sure he doesn’t quite get it, but he will. : ) I tried to scan the pictures in but I can’t figure out how to use the scanner yet. Sorry!
On a side note I want to tell you a funny story about Ty. The last few weeks his talking has turning from 2 or 3 word sentences to sentences with 5-7 or more words. His vocabulary and comprehension are just exploding and it is SOOOO fun! He cracks us up all the time with what his little mind will come up with. We were at church yesterday in Sacrament meeting and Brian helped pass it. So I was sitting with Tyson by myself for a good 10 minutes. I suppose he got tired of me so he started to wave at me and say, “Bye mommy. I’m gonna go to dad.” Well, in this circumstance he really can’t. So I’m trying to barricade him in and not let him leave the bench. In the process he gets mad and says, “Daddy, help! Help Daddy!!!” I tried desperately to not crack up. It was so funny. Usually I get embarrassed when he’s not being very good at church but this time I found it hilarious.
He’s at the point where you have to do things a certain way and usually a certain order or he gets upset. Most of this has to include him. He’s constantly saying, “Tyson’s turn” because I’m always saying, “It’s moms turn” when I’m cooking something for example. Sometimes this frustrates me but I try to be patient. Patience is certainly something that I have had to work on : )
All and all we’re all doing well. I’m feeling pretty good. The evening gets to me a little but I’m so grateful to be past the sickness stage. Even though I’ve already gained more weight than I want I’m hoping we can keep it to a minimum from here on out. I’m going on brisk walks with some neighbors and trying to eat a lot more vegetables and fruits. I’m also not very hungry in the evenings so I’m trying to take advantage of that. Even though I was so sick I still gained weight I shouldn’t have. But after discussing this with some people and hearing some stories I’ve come to the conclusion that some women just gain more weight than others during pregnancy. I worry that people look at me and think, geeze what’s her deal? But honestly my eating habits aren’t that different from before. In fact, I think they’re a little better. Oh well, it’s just life. I’m just happy that I’m feeling better and that this baby is healthy.
Brian is busy with work and school. It’s been an adjustment to have him come home from work, eat dinner and then get to studying. We miss him but he’s really good about still finding time with us. We’re proud of him even though we don’t see him as much : )
Here are some pictures from the last week. We went with a preschool group on Wednesday to pick raspberries! It was so fun. I ended up with 2.5 lbs. It was only $2/lb! We’ve eaten plenty and I made freezer jam! That was a first for me and I’m really excited and proud of myself! On Saturday one of Brian’s best friends got married! I only took one picture of them but they were beaming! I love it when people get married : ) Congrats Dave and Teri!
Pickin
Showing off the raspberry!

5 comments:
Congratulations!! Two little boys. That is so fun :)
Congratulations on your baby being a boy! That will be so fun! :) Hope you are feeling well!
Thanks for your pep talk Ashley. I really needed that. You are so sweet. I'm sorry you had so many crying days at church! I'm sure last week won't be my last. You're exactly right though, some parents just don't get it. Oh the joys of motherhood and church. It's the best right? ;)
Yay for a boy!!! That is sooo exciting! :) He'll be the cutest thing, can't wait to see him!
How exciting! And I gained A LOT of weight with Keely for some reason, but was really active at ate well. Every pregnancy is different, so don't worry about it. :)
Post a Comment