Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Long post

Sorry about the few weeks delay in the updates here.  With the Holidays I took a little break and then I’ve had a hard time convincing myself to update this because I have so much to share.  This will be a long post.  I’ll start with the earliest pictures and work through them.  Thanks for looking!

Dec. 15th

When I saw Tyson like this I thought to myself, “I think Tyson needs to spend some more time with his daddy.” : )

IMG_9067

IMG_9071

Dec. 22nd

Brian and I celebrated our 4th anniversary.  We went and saw Utah Regional’s The Nutcracker!  I loved it and those dancers are beautiful!  Made me miss dancing and the Nutcracker I grew up doing with Kingwood Dance Theatre!  Hard to watch other Nutcrackers when you’ve danced it a certain way for 12 or more years!  Earlier in the day I received an email that I had gotten picked from an audition I did on the 12th to be in Wasatch Ballet’s and the City of Orem’s production of “Life in A Labyrinth”!  I will be performing in April on a stage, in Pointe shoes, in a costume…everything!  Very exciting!  I’ve been dying to get on a stage again so this will be perfect!  I’ll let everyone know info on tickets and such as it gets closer so you can come see me perform (if you live close that is)!  It has been almost 5 years since I’ve been on a stage!!!!

Dec. 24th

Christmas Eve with the Carlsen’s.  We had a great time with almost all of the Carlsens (we missed you Terry and Marilyn family!) doing the Christmas Eve traditions.   Christmas songs, reading the Christmas passages of Christ’s birth, opening one present and so forth.  Earlier in the day Brian and I got to go skiing!  We had a blast!  Brian and I both fell a few times and were sore the next day but it was worth it.  I felt like I was really getting the hang of things but once I started falling down later in the day I started to get a little scared.  I certainly didn’t want to be breaking any bones.  : )  Thanks Dave for teaching us how to ski.  By the way, could you send us that picture?  Thanks!

IMG_9078

IMG_9075 IMG_9090 IMG_9085

Dec. 25th

I woke up Christmas morning feeling awful!  I could barely move and I felt sick to my stomach.  I thought I may have picked up a sickness (because Maddie woke up sick and Jenny had gotten sick the night before) but I never threw up or anything.  I was just soooooo tired and wanted to sleep.  I think it was exhaustion.  I am sad I was so exhausted.  I had never felt that way before.  I didn’t really want to open presents and I didn’t have energy to take pictures or want to be in any.  Here a few that we got.  Most were taken by Brian or our nephew, Jake…thanks!  We got some great things.  It was a good day once I went back to bed for 3 hours…not…even…kidding.

IMG_9095

Loving his stocking…

IMG_9098

IMG_9101 IMG_9102

Wondering whether to open a new present or keep playing with the puzzle he got…

IMG_9116

Once he opened this he didn’t want to open anything else and he started throwing fits when we kept taking it away. : )

IMG_9117

Throwing a fit..

 IMG_9109

IMG_9110

This is how I was the whole morning.  I had a stack of presents in my lap and I was super slow at opening them.  Just didn’t have the energy.  I don’t look excited about my stuff but I was excited on the inside : )  I am sad that we didn’t even get a family picture on Christmas.  That’s how out of it I was.  Me and pictures go to together like Oreos in ice cream.  The thought to take a picture didn’t even occur to me at the time.

IMG_9112

Christmas wasn’t as adventurous as I thought it was going to be.  I thought Tyson would really love it but he was cranky and got mad when we wouldn’t rip a toy out of the box right away.  It was a nice day, don’t get me wrong, but certainly didn’t turn out how I thought it was going to be.

I started doing a work out program called P90X.  It is intense and it is HARD!  I have a goal of losing 7 pounds before the performance in April.  This program is suppose to have you RIPPED in 90 days.  We shall see.  I am working hard and doing my best to keep up.  I can already tell a difference in my arm strength in a week.  Hopefully the legs and abs will follow soon.  I am sore every single day so it has to be working…right?!  Here are a few pictures of Tyson workin’ out with me. He’s carrying a 2 lbs. weight.  He tries to do some of the stuff with me.  It’s funny, trust me.

IMG_9124 IMG_9123

Tyson is growing like crazy and starting to repeat words that I say.  He’ll point to a picture in a book, I’ll say what it is and he’ll usually repeat it to the best of his ability.  He is a handful but sure is a cutie!  Our lives are so great because of him.  Our love for one another has grown through him! : )  Tyson is OBSESSED with balls right now.  See what I mean?  Lounging around in a laundry basket with all the balls he could find.  Silly kid. 

IMG_9130 IMG_9128

I turned 25 on the 31st.  Can’t believe I’m really that old now.  I know it’s young but when I was 16, 25 seemed so far away and here it is. 

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday and that everyone is back into their usual routines.  I know we are.

8 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

Hey Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry Christmas wasn't as much fun as you hoped it would be. I hope you're feeling better now though and good luck with your performance in April! That is very exciting!!!

Murray Family said...

Love the update! Those bra pictures are hilarious! I'm thinking blackmail when he's 15? Haha :).

Heather said...

yes! I can't wait to see you in your ballet! I am so excited! You didn't tell me Christmas wasn't as great as you'd hoped. I am sorry:( we will have to render that next year :).

KMurray said...

Wow you do look sick in that picture at Christmas..that honestly is not usually you.

KMurray said...

Oh and yes can't wait for the performance and you need to help me loose 7 to 20 pounds when I come out! :)

Matt and Suzanne said...

Matt and I laughed pretty good at the bra pictures, hilarious. Sorry you were sick! That really stinks. I love that you are going to be in a performane again, good for you! Wish we could come!!! Oh and my sis in law did P90X and she looked SO great after. It totally works. Thanks for your card too, we LOVED it!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on the ballet. I am so jealous! Tyson is one cute little guy.

Kristin said...

Congrats on the whole ballet show thing! Sounds like it will be a blast. I'm the same way when I watch other Nutcrackers. I was in a store over the holidays and I saw a little girl all decked out in make up and a bun. She was telling the sales associate that she was Clara in the Nutcracker. I was thinking to myself, "At least our Clara wore her hair in curls!" Sorry you were sick on Christmas. Glad you still enjoyed yourself though.