Thursday, March 13, 2008

Amniotic Fluid

Well I don't have a picture to post but I have some news.  Last Thursday I went in for a routine ultrasound because I have asthma.  I guess asthma can delay the grow of the baby.  Anyway, they found out the amniotic fluid was only measuring about 4 cm.  Around 36 weeks it should have been around 10 cm.  So they told me to count the baby's movements to make sure he was still moving.  Okay, so I like freaked out b/c the ultrasound dr. said if the fluid doesn't increase by next week then they would for sure induce labor on the 17th of March (3 weeks early). The next day I had an NST (non stress test where you listen to the baby's heart beat to make sure everything is okay) and had a another little ultrasound.  This time it was 7 cm.  I then went to my dr. appointment with my OBGYN on Monday and he said that yes he would induce if fluid is still low.  He also put me on bed rest.  Later that day I had another NST test and the fluid went up to 10 cm.  Today, Thursday, I had another test and fluid is now back down to 7 cm.  This is still low but not as critical.  The ultrasound dr. doesn't think that is critical enough to induce labor but it is really up to MY doctor what he thinks is best!  I just wish I knew instead of this guessing and waiting game.  However I count my blessings that my son is still developing and is healthy.  *sigh* At least I should be fine to make it to my baby shower this Saturday which I am really excited about.  I can't wait to spend some time with family and friends.  Anyway, that's my news.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Good Luck! It's not fun going in for those NST's all the time and wondering if today they won't let you go home because it's time to have a baby...Hope all goes well for you!

brittanyandtravis said...

So I hope you don't think I'm stalking you but I saw your blog address on facebook. That really stinks about your bedrest but hopefully it will buy you some more time. I was induced a week and a half early with Chloe and it wasn't too bad. You look so cute pregnant by the way! Good luck with the next few weeks!

Anonymous said...

I was stocking your blog really quick and I just wanted to tell you that it is so exciting that your having a baby! Good Luck and hopefully you can keep him in until he is due!

bbcurfew said...

Wow, you're pregnant! I'm so out of the loop! I hope everything turns out perfectly for you guys! I'm sure it will. You look great!