Saturday, October 17, 2015

Thanksgiving

Andrew made a pilgrim hat at preschool and wanted me to take a picture of him wearing it.  I love that he wants me to take pictures of him.  Makes it easier on me to remember to try to capture all of these fun moments with these kids.  Time just goes to fast…

IMG_3857_5486_edited-1

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house with my mom this year.  I’m so proud of Brian, he cooked the turkey (his first time) and did a wonderful job. 

IMG_3862_5464_edited-1

Had to get a picture of the platter of turkey!

IMG_3863_5465_edited-1IMG_3865_5467_edited-1IMG_3867_5469_edited-1

The menu: Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, rolls and then yummy pie from Kneaders.  The food took a little longer to cook than we thought so the kids got a little hungry.  We let them dig into the rolls first.

IMG_3869_5471_edited-1IMG_3860_5462_edited-1IMG_3872_5474_edited-1IMG_3873_5475_edited-1IMG_3875_5477_edited-1IMG_3881_5483_edited-1

After dinner we did what the Murrays are famous for…headed to the movie theater.  If I remember right we saw The Penguins of Madagascar.

And this is my try at trying to help the kids (and myself) remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving.  Counting our many, many blessings and being grateful.  This is our grateful turkey.  Every few days we got to write on a feather something that we are grateful for.  Some of the feathers were funny and some were very sweet and touching.  I will definitely do this grateful turkey again and again.

IMG_3882_5458_edited-1

0 comments: