So cliché and completely over used but it is how I feel. I can’t believe he is 9 months old. That has gone by way too fast!
Last week I took Andrew in for his check up. I knew he was small but when I laid him on the scale and they took down his weight my heart dropped into my stomach. 15 pounds and 5 oz, not much of an improvement from his 6 month check up. Around 7 months I decided to stop nursing so obviously it couldn’t be from me running out of milk (that’s what happened with Tyson. At his 6 month appointment he didn’t gain any weight from his 4 month appointment so we knew it was me). I haven’t been the best at feeding him baby food so I asked the Dr if it was me and he told me that the calories don’t come from baby good. We’re not really sure what is going on. He knew he was really sick a few months ago for 10 days and that for sure pushed him off of his original growth curve but he isn’t back on a growth curve at all. The Dr. didn’t seem too concerned and calmed my nervous right now. I think Dr. Arnold is the best pediatrician out there :) Anyway, I was told to fed him yogurt, cottage cheese, macaroni and cheese, graham crackers, etc. Basically fatty foods to kind of beef him up. I give him mac n’ cheese and he instantly spits it out. I’m thinking it might be the slimy texture? He has been loving graham crackers and tonight he was eating goldfish like a champ!
Oh how we love this little boy. He is doing an easier method of an army crawl now. I posted a video of his funny, funny crawl awhile ago but it has improved since then. I also asked the Dr. about his crawling and the fact that he has no interest in standing. He told me that if it hasn’t really improved by the time he turns one he’ll send a therapist out to check on him. I wasn’t really worried about it. Kids tend to do things on their own timetable. Not ours! He is sitting up great now which is good.
Stats at 9 months:
Length: 26 3/4 in---10%
Weight: 15 lbs 5 oz—under 3%
Head Circumference: 45 1/2 cm 50%
Not much has happened the last few weeks. I’ve just been super busy with Usborne and my ballet classes and Brian has been picking up overtime hours at Fidelity.
Tyson is still loving preschool. He loves going to Jump On It with his friends now that it is cold outside. He says some of the funniest things I have ever heard in my life. He is a complete handful and the other day I started crying in the car because some days I have NO idea how to be his mother. He does have a very caring spirit for me or Andrew when we are sad. He is such a wonderful big brother and most days loves, loves, loves trying to get Andrew to laugh at him. He’s such a ham, I tell ya!
I only have these pictures of Andrew’s first graham cracker experience. :)

4 comments:
It's so random to me how differently kids develop. Kinley is 13.5lbs and she's 4 months, and Mason is 31 lbs at 18 months:) I just have chunky babies. Andrew is absolutely adorable and I can't get enough of his big smile. You're an amazing Mom, and we all have those days when we don't know how to do it. You always cheer me up though! love you!
It's so random to me how differently kids develop. Kinley is 13.5lbs and she's 4 months, and Mason is 31 lbs at 18 months:) I just have chunky babies. Andrew is absolutely adorable and I can't get enough of his big smile. You're an amazing Mom, and we all have those days when we don't know how to do it. You always cheer me up though! love you!
I completely understand your concerns when you see that your child hasn't grown or gained weight. I had that same issue with Syd even though she is older than Andrew. Syd for her 3yr visit lost a lb rather than gain anything within a year. I was told the same thing pretty much to feed her everything but then I realized that they grow at their own pace.. Andrew will probably hit that growth spurt and you will never know until it happens but nonetheless, you never stop worrying as a parent.
Love him! Lets hope to get some weight on him and strong legs too!
Post a Comment